Azzor.com  

Go Back   Azzor.com > Azzor.com Community > World of Warcraft

Old 05-05-2006, 12:36 AM   #11
Ciel
Azzor Guru

Send a message via AIM to Ciel
Default Re: Allakhazam sells out to IGE

Nicely done, Dalgar. I had no idea about any of this...I did often wonder why Allakhazam allowed so many gold site ads. This explains it.
Ciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 01:23 AM   #12
Dalgar
Azzor Master

Send a message via AIM to Dalgar Send a message via MSN to Dalgar Send a message via Yahoo to Dalgar

paithan, I can only block the ads I'm made aware of. We have keyword filtering of all of the gold, power leveling, etc ads that we can. Sometimes some will slip through, and I have to block them manually.

I can only block the ones I see though. Sometimes ads are geotargeted to certain geographic areas, so I won't ever see them. Other times they fit the content of a certain page and will only show up on that page. If I don't personally visit that page, I don't ever catch the ad.

If you have issue with an ad, please please send me an email or PM and I can get it taken care of. All I need is the URL of the company in the ad.

I noticed that dupe ad when I was putting together this article, and prompltly banned it.
Dalgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 10:14 AM   #13
Shmoges
Azzor Member

SO about IGE, I'm playing with a friend last ngiht and he says here have soem money and I am liek alright finally he feels bad for me running him all teh tiem to lvl him. trade screen comes up and I see 50g I say are you sure?! he says yeah and I accept. Then he tells me that he just bought 1000 gold from IGE I about puked, Its sad that you coudl get in trouble for hacking ige to disrupt there unsavory buisness and they have little risk to worry about for selling ingame money.
Shmoges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 10:25 AM   #14
Rhalras
Azzor Member

Yeah it was funny, My friend bought 500g of the net and decided to give some of it to guild members. He told me he had 500g on him last night and at first I thought he had sold some PvP twink weps, but then he told mehe bought it and first thing I did was ditch the gold. We talked for a good 30 mins about how wrong that was, He had his points, I had mine, and in the end we split up the gold and bought stuff for random lowbies. he would never think of buying gold again. It is just like cheating in a normal game.
Rhalras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 02:54 AM   #15
Slice
Azzor Guru

Yeah, it's pretty pathetic, but exploiters will always be there when there is something to exploit.

- Slice
Slice is offline   Reply With Quote