Azzor.com  

Go Back   Azzor.com > Azzor.com Community > World of Warcraft

Old 07-21-2005, 05:05 AM   #1
Sundance
Azzor Junior Member

Default Druid Gear

Hello all,

I have a lvl 60 Druid and I am very very happy with her. She is the best healing druid out there (our realm).. especially now I am getting the WH-set almost complete....

So like almost every person in the world, once one desire is fullfilled (WH-set completion) the next arises. I've been checking out the Cenarion rainment and the PVP-reward outfit.

I cannot tell you how terribly dissappointed I was after seeing both!!
-The cenarion set just looks plain.. very plain.. brownish, not what you would expect of an epic druid set imo. And the cenarion helmet.. ooh don't start on that one.. ..
-The PVP set is purplish and has a mask!!!! A mask! The whole set looks like a rogue set!!

I would have imagined a druid set being a greenish set with leaves maybe or roots as druids supposed to be close to the nature. I had at least expected it to be more vibrant and colorfull as like I said Druids stand close to nature/arcane and not darkish and roguelike.

I just like to know what you peeps think if this.
Any thoughts?
Sundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 08:47 AM   #2
Pioneer
Azzor Enthusiast

Default Re: Druid Gear

Well, that stinks!! Part of our enjoyment is the look, from char to armor to weapons. Where's the logic in making the set like that?
This leads me to.....i wish (like many others) we could modify, change colors, etc on our players. Some individuality would be very nice.
But i'm not complaining....it is still the best game i've ever played til my wife hated it.
Pioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 02:35 AM   #3
Kaldorei Druid Oakshadow
Azzor Member

Send a message via AIM to Kaldorei Druid Oakshadow Send a message via MSN to Kaldorei Druid Oakshadow Send a message via Yahoo to Kaldorei Druid Oakshadow

You totaly miss the point of it all. The plain brown look is so befiting of the druid. Being an aspect of nature and all it represents. The druid are not about flash or show. They are about simplicity and respect of nature. Wearing a plain brown garb is a way of paying a very deep respect to the world in which the druid draws it's devine powers. I'm ery disapointed ot see or hear that you mono style your druid and even more som the both of you only care about how cool it looks. Very disapointing indeed.
Kaldorei Druid Oakshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 10:30 AM   #4
Ivaron
Azzor Master

Send a message via AIM to Ivaron Send a message via MSN to Ivaron

looks are all. A very cool gear should look very cool.
Ivaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 12:56 PM   #5
Cid
Azzor Enthusiast

The 1.6 (current) graphics for the Teir 1 Cenarion Set can be seen here.

Remember that the teir 1 is the 'lower' of the two, and drops in Molten Core (MC). The teir 2 set is the 'higher' of the two - the helm to that (Stormrage) set drops from Onyxia, the pants from Ragnaros in the Molten Core, and the rest of the set drops in Blackwing's Lair (BWL).

Last edited by Cid; 08-02-2005 at 11:50 AM.
Cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 02:08 PM   #6
Azoth
Azzor Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Azoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid
The 1.6 (current) graphics for the Teir 2 Stormrage Set can be seen here.

The 1.6 (current) graphics for the Teir 1 Cenarion Set can be seen here.

Remember that the teir 1 is the 'lower' of the two, and drops in Molten Core (MC). The teir 2 set is the 'higher' of the two - the helm to that (Stormrage) set drops from Onyxia, the pants from Ragnaros in the Molten Core, and the rest of the set drops in Blackwing's Lair (BWL).

I apologize in advance if the links break - I have no idea how reliable they are.
tier 2 graphics are not in the game yet
Azoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 04:33 AM   #7
Sundance
Azzor Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaldorei Druid Oakshadow
You totaly miss the point of it all. The plain brown look is so befiting of the druid. Being an aspect of nature and all it represents. The druid are not about flash or show. They are about simplicity and respect of nature. Wearing a plain brown garb is a way of paying a very deep respect to the world in which the druid draws it's devine powers. I'm ery disapointed ot see or hear that you mono style your druid and even more som the both of you only care about how cool it looks. Very disapointing indeed.
I really don't think I missed the point. I agree with you that Druids have a respect of nature and thus should not be wearing fancy clothes like for example the mage. However I felt that the simplicity was too simple! Even for a druid.
I do not want my druid to be flash and show, that is not the way druids are, but you have to agree with me that the PVP reward gear is definately NOT a simple Druid outfit but a rogue one.

To come back to my Cenarion 'issue'; I've seen the cenarion leggings ingame and the bracers and gloves and they really looked very dull at the time, hence my post. Now after seeing the pictures posted by Cid I must say I am happy! The whole set looks exactly like I described in my initial post; Greenish with roots&leaves <==== NOT flashy :P

So I take back my complaint about the cenarion set.. apparently I judged with not all the evidence in my hands . .... remains my point regarding the PVP set.
Tell me if you think it is a druid set or not, tell me if you think the PVP set is a set which shows druids are close to nature... . ..

Last edited by Sundance; 07-27-2005 at 04:36 AM.
Sundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 03:08 AM   #8
Kaldorei Druid Oakshadow
Azzor Member

Send a message via AIM to Kaldorei Druid Oakshadow Send a message via MSN to Kaldorei Druid Oakshadow Send a message via Yahoo to Kaldorei Druid Oakshadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance
I really don't think I missed the point. I agree with you that Druids have a respect of nature and thus should not be wearing fancy clothes like for example the mage. However I felt that the simplicity was too simple! Even for a druid.
I do not want my druid to be flash and show, that is not the way druids are, but you have to agree with me that the PVP reward gear is definately NOT a simple Druid outfit but a rogue one.

To come back to my Cenarion 'issue'; I've seen the cenarion leggings ingame and the bracers and gloves and they really looked very dull at the time, hence my post. Now after seeing the pictures posted by Cid I must say I am happy! The whole set looks exactly like I described in my initial post; Greenish with roots&leaves <==== NOT flashy :P

So I take back my complaint about the cenarion set.. apparently I judged with not all the evidence in my hands . .... remains my point regarding the PVP set.
Tell me if you think it is a druid set or not, tell me if you think the PVP set is a set which shows druids are close to nature... . ..
I'm actualy very partial to the Cenarian set myself. It's the most drudic and pays respect the the late guadridan of nature and the master druid Cenarius himself.
Kaldorei Druid Oakshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 10:11 AM   #9
Winamyen
Azzor Newcomer

Send a message via ICQ to Winamyen Send a message via AIM to Winamyen Send a message via Yahoo to Winamyen

What would druids of say level 30 be best to start work on obtaining? I had the Fang set from WC up to level 28 but it lost most of its effectiveness for me along in that range. ATM I am just pieced together and would love to start a new set for the abilities and bonuses.
Any suggestions?
BTW I am playing a horde toon
Winamyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 10:35 AM   #10
Ivaron
Azzor Master

Send a message via AIM to Ivaron Send a message via MSN to Ivaron

Just collect items "of the Bear", "of the Eagle" and (although perhaps less desirable) "of the Owl". Int/Sta for caster form, Sta/Str for Bear, and atk/crit for cat (those should drop around the level that you get cat form, but they are pretty rare).
As for set items, the Fang set is great but after that you might want to wait until you're a bit higher leveled before getting another set..
It's just a long job to get set items while you could be leveling up in that time and focussing on getting set items at later, higher, levels.
With the rate that items become obsolete though leveling, I don't think it's worth having 2 sets until end game. If you happen to have a few good extra items along the way, by all means use them. I just don't think it's worth it to go out of your way to collect them though. Once you get into your 50's it's worth your time to start collecting the extra sets, because you'll have them for months even after you hit 60.

I'm not a druid but this how I see it. As hunter I just used the best Sta (because I could use some to survive a bad pull long enough to feign death or w/e), a little bit of Intellect so I had enough to compensate for not getting the increase in mana talent, and mostly Agility and +AP gear I came across.
That made me good enough to beat the hell out of most PvP adversaries - which also has to do with good strategy - and to survive PvE encounters. Until I got at levels like 50-60 I started to do quests especially for getting certain items instead of just those with the most exp rewards. (Of course, if I had a quest with an item that was just so great to have I couldn't resist I went after it)
But I've never really gone for set items. And now that I'm 60 I still don't because the game gets boring
Ivaron is offline   Reply With Quote