Azzor.com  

Go Back   Azzor.com > Azzor.com Community > World of Warcraft

Old 05-05-2004, 01:46 PM   #1
Auburnrebel
Azzor Newcomer

Send a message via AIM to Auburnrebel
Default Ffxi Vs Wow

what i am asking for is anyone who plays final fantasy 11 and has the beta for WoW. give me a couple differences in the games and just tell me what you think is better because i dont know if im gonna get wow or not and if i do ill probably only keep in until my 30 day.
Auburnrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 01:58 PM   #2
cide
Azzor Guru

I can't tell you much about FFXI, in fact, nothing at all

You should browse around their homepage and forums for more info about it.

Other than that, I don't think you should buy WoW if you only plan on playing 30 days.
cide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 03:52 PM   #3
Kodosthealien
Azzor Junior Member

30 days in a MMORPG wont even scratch the surface. It'll take that long to get the interface and stuff down.
Never got into FF at all, so can't help ya there. Cides advice is good.

Kodos
Kodosthealien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 04:18 PM   #4
Moon
Azzor Member

ffxi wasnt a good mmorpg, I'm holding alot of faith that wow will be
Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 04:32 PM   #5
lorings
Azzor Guru

Send a message via AIM to lorings

yep WoW= best hands down Blizz has thought of almost everything
lorings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 05:03 PM   #6
DeadEnd0
Azzor Senior Member

Since no one seams to have posted anything useful/helpful I'll try and give you some information.

The very first thing is that the classes are very soloable. In FFXI you are lucky if you could take an Evenmatch without a group. You can also take monsters a few levels higher but it kinda depends on their abilities. This also means that you don't have to sit around for a few hours waiting, just to be able to play and get anything done.

Also their are ALLOT of quests. So, you always have something to do. In FFXI I felt that if I didn't want to level grind their was no point to me even getting on.

The Crafting is also much better. You actually know what it takes to make certain things and where to get those items from. In FFXI I had trouble finding out how to make the thing I wanted then finding the materials.

I will say that FFXI has FAR better looking graphics. But WoW has much better scenery.

Some people enjoyed it and others didn't, but you are able to play all the classes right from the start you do not have to get all the way to level 30 first. Not as much customization with classes since you can't combine two different ones, like in FFXI. But I found in FFXI you had to have a specific class combination any way or people would not take you in a PT.

I hope that helps if you have any specific questions about a certain aspect of the game just reply here and I'll try and answer your question.

Edit- I really enjoyed it but you may not have, everyone on your server will most likely be American. So, you won't have the cultural difference. (I took Japanese so I could understand them most of the time.)
DeadEnd0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 10:44 PM   #7
Xplicist
Azzor Member

Send a message via AIM to Xplicist

from what ive heard FFXI is a pain to play till u get to level 15 then you have to play in groups or u get owned by everything...and the items are boring too
Xplicist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 12:38 AM   #8
Quic
Azzor Junior Member

Ok, Take Every thing you HATE from Everquest, DAOC, Shadowbane, and to some extent Galaxies....Make a list, Then have somone put it ALL in Japanese so you can't read it.....Then you have FFXI...IMHO.

Also, Like DeadEnd0 said...FFXI IS "the grind" , in a way i honestly havn't seen in any game ever before....And the Biggest catch is that it is a Group grind. If you don't have a set group, you realy arn't doing anything.

Wow is the Oposite, if you don't have a Group There is still TONS of stuff you can do(Not just log off and play tetra master for a few hours till your JP link buddies log on at 3am).

Classes Don't appear to be locked into Doing JUST one thing as they are in FFXI. FFXI has a Very Elitest personality in the comunity....example: if you Arn't XXX Class, With YYY Subclass, With ZZZ + XYX Equipment who speaks japanese then your are dubbed worthless......I don't expect WoW to be the same
Quic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 01:05 PM   #9
Moon
Azzor Member

one of the main things I found annoying with ffxi was that the classes are to pure, you'l have a white mage that cant defend itself, a fighter that has to spend ages sitting around waiting to heal .

No one wants to group because even the slightest level difference is a huge hinderance on someones exp .

So your forced to solo alot, and a pure support class soloing isnt even slightly amusing

WoW if you look closely enough dosnt have pure support classes, every class has in some way a means of defending itself yet also has something usefull to offer to a group .

This imo sets WoW aside from many mmorpgs, it at the moment imo looks perfectly thought out .
Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 12:24 PM   #10
Auburnrebel
Azzor Newcomer

Send a message via AIM to Auburnrebel

yeah i have FFXI for all of you that thought that i dont and i have 4 lvl 30+ jobs. and for the person that said it gets a lot better post 15 that is kinda true. when you feel the real true reason why FFXI was made is 30+. yes it is very true that there is large amounts of down time, but that is only in the beginning of the game. while playing FF it is very hard to fight a even match until around 45 so that basically puts soloing out of the picture... and i know you are all thinking..... no soloing= boring, but suprisingly square made the party aspect a little different then most others and its is quite enjoyable if you have everything organized and everyone is working together.

now to the point that someone made about the races. yes it may seem stupid but you have to remember you chose the race you wanted and it even showed you stats at the beginning of the game, telling you if you could take hits, hit hard, or be a good caster. if WoW (when the actual game comes out) doesnt do this with races such as the dwarves or other races make them weak in some aspects of the game and strong in others if they make all races well rounded i personally would be quite dissapionted because that means that every race would be just as good at everything as the other. the only difference in the game would be the way you look and in FFXI they made it so that every race has different types of stats such as if your a Tarutaru you arent made to sit out there and take the dmg, your best bet for being a Taru would be being a caster.

now about the whole quests, yea the are hard to find and hard to complete i will also agree with that which does make them quite obnoxious and dull. but you have to remember MMO's are supposed to be based on a community as a whole. they arent there so you can do everything alone. so you do need help in the game.

i hope that gives all of you a different perspective on FF but i have nothing extremely bad to say about WoW. but please could i get some more ideas as to what the differences are between the games. please make them replies from people that have spent a good amount of time playing FF! thank you
Auburnrebel is offline   Reply With Quote