Azzor.com  

Go Back   Azzor.com > Azzor.com Community > Azzor Zone

Azzor Zone General discussion about the Azzor community. Feedback, support, ideas, suggestions, complaints, and everything else Azzor.

Old 12-21-2005, 04:52 PM   #1
Ivaron
Azzor Master

Send a message via AIM to Ivaron Send a message via MSN to Ivaron
Default What's going on?

Well .. the weirdest stuff is happening.

1) All the members who are using the same nickname they used back at Wowstrat, have "posts: n/a" (in their azzor account).
2) My old account from Wowstrat, which was also Ivaron, seems to be interfering with my new one. In other words, when I login, I login on the wrong account. I thought the old ones were supposed to have "imported_" or something in front of it? Well appareantly, that's gone now.
3) I can't even look at my userpage, or guestbook, or anything.

Uhm ... these three points would lead to the conclusion that the old Wowstrat accounts have overridden the new ones for everyone who has been using the same nickname. Somehow, however, the posts in the forums are still devided between the two accounts. So what's going on here?

Extra information about the account devidence:

The new azzor accounts have an unclickable name (not a link), no post tag (such as Azzor Guru or whatever), and when you click userpage or guestbook it can't be found. When you click on a link within the page that presents that error message, you are automatically linked to the old
imported wowstrat accounts (with an azzor guestbook and such, but with no info inside that).
The join date isn't there and postcount shows "n/a", and no instant messenger, MSN, yahoo or whatever is shown.

EDIT:

<- notice that I'm using my old wowstrat account to post this. And, uhm, how the hell did this account only have 18 posts (excluding this one)?

Last edited by Ivaron; 12-21-2005 at 05:01 PM.
Ivaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 07:46 PM   #2
Storm
Azzor Grandmaster

Send a message via MSN to Storm
Default Re: What's going on?

Yup.. seems like WoWStrat completely wiped our accounts.

Back @ WoWStrat, I couldn't pick "Storm" alone because it was someone else's nick, so that happened to clash with mine and Azzor.. and my account was lost or something

On the bright side, 2500+ on Storm Druid and my old sig <----- ftw as always.
Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 05:16 AM   #3
Volon
Azzor Guru

Everything fixed now. Please update your profiles here.
Volon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 12:19 PM   #4
herbert
Azzor Guru

problem solved I see

I wasn't allowed to post some days ago, glad it is over
herbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 12:24 PM   #5
Ivaron
Azzor Master

ah, I see it's fixed. Thanks for the fix, Volon. Didn't expect you to do it so quickly!
Old 12-22-2005, 12:31 PM   #6
Metziel
Network Admin

Send a message via AIM to Metziel Send a message via MSN to Metziel Send a message via Yahoo to Metziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivaron
ah, I see it's fixed. Thanks for the fix, Volon. Didn't expect you to do it so quickly!
Oh ye of little faith...
Metziel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 03:54 PM   #7
Flak
Azzor Addict

In my view it isnt fixed, i cant log onto my "azzor" account, apparently it dosnt exist anymore, the postcount has transfered to this account, and admin control on both isnt working so i cant talk in the staff forum.

in my eyes it looks like the merge of the two datebase files parsed email acounts to generate a single account? i can barely log onto azzor anymore, and this account only just works, have you restored an old azzor database file or still using merged ones?

cheers

/Flak
Flak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 04:01 PM   #8
Ivaron
Azzor Master

Quote:
have you restored an old azzor database file or still using merged ones?

cheers

/Flak
Looking at Storm still using the Wowstrat account, but with a namechange, I'd say they're still merged. That and my signature and stuff is still my old ones. In that case, I can imagine some accounts would still need some adjustment.
What I don't understand, however, is how "Flak Dragonhoof" could override "Flak".. the names aren't even the same.. Same goes for Storm...? (who also apparently lost her mod rights?)

I'm certain this will be fixed in no time. <-- Happy now, Metziel?

Last edited by Ivaron; 12-22-2005 at 04:07 PM.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:10 PM   #9
herbert
Azzor Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivaron
Looking at Storm still using the Wowstrat account, but with a namechange, I'd say they're still merged. That and my signature and stuff is still my old ones. In that case, I can imagine some accounts would still need some adjustment.
What I don't understand, however, is how "Flak Dragonhoof" could override "Flak".. the names aren't even the same.. Same goes for Storm...? (who also apparently lost her mod rights?)

I'm certain this will be fixed in no time. <-- Happy now, Metziel?
Ai, strange things are happening at this moment Ivaron-san. Me must not fear the rage of the old Warcraftstrategy spirits. Replacement tactics are no further use to them now, we have seen trough thanks to Volon-sensai and Metziel-sensai. Yet, Storm-chan has been demoted, and we all fear for her to permanently lose her moderator abilities, and never becomming a sensai again.
Yes my dear friends, hard times are looking upon us. The wrath of the spirits has just begun.

*gets back out of his silly trance*

Well, things will fall together one way or another.
herbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 01:34 PM   #10
Volon
Azzor Guru

Everyone who still got problems should send me a pm. I'll fix it asap.
Volon is offline   Reply With Quote