Azzor.com  

Go Back   Azzor.com > Azzor.com Community > SWGCreatures.com

SWGCreatures.com An alternative forum for all the old CH's from Star Wars Galaxies!

Old 02-09-2009, 04:01 PM   #1
Bizzam
Time Starved Powergamer

Default Welcome!

Well, I just wanted to provide some way for folks to be able to keep in touch from the SWGCreatures.com website. Not sure if this forum will get any traffic or not, but here it is!

Hope to see some old friends around!

BTW, this is Juntao from SWGC!
Bizzam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:30 PM   #2
martyk
Azzor Newcomer

Default Re: Welcome!

Well looky here! I just happen to swing by SWGCreatures for old time's sake, see what's still standing and turns out you've brought us a shiney new forum nary a week earlier. Must say it's good to hear from you again.
martyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:07 AM   #3
Bizzam
Time Starved Powergamer

Hey hey! Glad to see you stopped by! What games are you playing these days?

I'm still playing quite a bit of WoW. Playing a warrior. Tried out a Hunter and even briefly flirted with building a website around hunters and their pets (wowcreatures.com), but I just couldn't get into playing a hunter in WoW after playing a real taming class in SWG.

I'm curious if CH will have a place in SWToR, I'm betting not =(
Old 02-17-2009, 10:26 PM   #4
martyk
Azzor Newcomer

Eh, I've been jumping around various games for the last while. I've tried a good 11 MMOs but havn't stuck with anything. Looking forward to the completion of the SWG emulator. It's still got a bit to go, but we're getting close. Been following it for just about 3 years now.
martyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:00 AM   #5
Bizzam
Time Starved Powergamer

Yeah, my thoughts on emulators are a bit varied. I can understand folks desire to continue playing a game they loved, and I'm all for someone creating that if they like. Where it gets dicey is when actually using assets from a game.

In this case, the lines are blurred even further as the game being recreated is not the same game that is on the shelves today.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:23 PM   #6
Iakimo
Azzor Newcomer

Hey, Juntao! Just surfed over from swgcreatures.com's homepage. Good to see you with a new smoke-signal communications system!

SWGEmu's thrumming merrily along, with steady progress. I hear what you say about it being "dicey" to create a product based on others' work, but it appears Lucas is looking at it in the same vein as all the fan-created video spinoffs of Star Wars. As long as the Emu people aren't trying to turn it into a profit-making venture, I guess he's okay with them reassembling that marvelous piece of abandonware that is pre-CU SWG.

Now, can we get some Star Wars avatars from somewhere, so we don't have to desecrate our posts with images from That Game Which Shall Not Be named? (grin)
Iakimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:38 PM   #7
Rytz
Azzor Newcomer

Hey Juntao, this is Walker from Lowca - just wanted to stop by and say thanks for keeping the site up!

Once the Creature Handler portion of the EMU gets underway, this website will be a huge resource so please don't take it down!

Thanks again -

~ Walker
Rytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 05:07 PM   #8
Bizzam
Time Starved Powergamer

Yeah, it's not going anywhere =)
Old 09-22-2009, 08:04 AM   #9
kyleswgemu
Azzor Newcomer

Awesome resource! If you happen to have a version of the creature database available, I know that we would love to have a look at it!

Kyle from SWGEmu
kyleswgemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:49 AM   #10
Devos
Azzor Newcomer

Used to live and breath from this website when SWG didn't even have it's first Jedi yet. Thanks for being here.
Devos is offline   Reply With Quote