Azzor.com  

Go Back   Azzor.com > Azzor.com Community > World of Warcraft

Old 06-19-2004, 09:31 PM   #1
Omnipotence
Azzor Member

Send a message via AIM to Omnipotence
Default Warcraft Storyline

I just beat WC3: ROC and am about 1/3rd done with TFT. I believe I have a fairly good concept of the Warcraft storyline and history, and I did read the stories in the manual. But there is A LOT. Is there a site anyone could recommend that would summarize Warcraft from the first game, to the end of TFT? Before I enter WoW, I really want to understand Warcraft. One reason I like playing WC3 is because the story is so immersive, that you really feel like you've accomplished something in the world.
Omnipotence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 11:57 PM   #2
kingbubbles
Azzor Guru

that is true..blizzard is one of the top companies that excel in making a create storyline...

you can check the 'lore' page on this website (main page links), or just type in "History of Warcraft" or "Warcraft Lore" in google or any search engine.

another great way to understand the full warcraft theme, is to read the books. check out amazon.com and type in "Warcraft books", or head to your local bookshop and check if they have any warcraft titles. (im not sure if they sell the books in stores, maybe just on the internet.

some, if not all, warcraft books can be bought over the internet, and you can then read them on the internet..(a.k.a - ebooks). If you find out where u can purchase the books, they usually give the first chapter, or intro as an example (before you buy it), to see if you are interested in it...

hope i helped.

p.s - i dont do this often, so be happy, and lucky
kingbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 04:40 AM   #3
zynth\muse
Azzor Master

Send a message via ICQ to zynth\muse Send a message via MSN to zynth\muse Send a message via Yahoo to zynth\muse

Quote:
Originally posted by kingbubbles
hope i helped.

p.s - i dont do this often, so be happy, and lucky
What's wrong with you? . No, im just kidding. You would have helped me if I were the one asking that question.

I belive Bubbles said it all Omnipotence, but I know that our staff member Thelvadyen is a mad ass when it deals about warcraft lore.
So if you at any point have a question, let him hear it - give him a PM. Im pretty sure he'll answer.
zynth\muse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 02:33 PM   #4
Mr.Quebec
Azzor Guru

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Quebec Send a message via MSN to Mr.Quebec

I seach on yahoo and found out this site : Warcraft lore (from warcraft 1 to tFT)

here you go
Mr.Quebec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 04:43 PM   #5
Formless
Azzor Grandmaster

Send a message via MSN to Formless

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Quebec
I seach on yahoo and found out this site : Warcraft lore (from warcraft 1 to tFT)

here you go
You seriously need to check your source before posting it. The link you provided has an incomplete history section.
Formless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 05:55 PM   #6
Mr.Quebec
Azzor Guru

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Quebec Send a message via MSN to Mr.Quebec

Quote:
Originally posted by Formless
You seriously need to check your source before posting it. The link you provided has an incomplete history section.
Is it?...sorry then....but if you can find a good link, share it to us formless!!!
Mr.Quebec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 12:07 AM   #7
Storm
Azzor Grandmaster

Send a message via MSN to Storm

You get your lore off the Warcraft Books, so if you dont plan on reading them, give Thelvadyen a PM. If he's not available, you are certainly welcome to ask me the exact same question. I might not be as great as him, but I can certainly tackle the question and come with just the right answer.
Storm is offline   Reply With Quote