Azzor.com  

Go Back   Azzor.com > Azzor.com Community > World of Warcraft

Old 09-16-2004, 11:16 PM   #1
maxatrillion
Azzor Senior Member

Default Unfinished quests.

Here's another stress test thread from M.T.

Back in stress test I had a bunch of unfinished quests. Though some I could understand and 3 involved going into the Wailing Caverns, the only one I had trouble with was a quest that started in Ratchet called Samophlange. I understand the first part where you shut off the first set of controls, then the second part was where have to turn off 3 other controls and I had no idea where they were. I suspected it was on top of the sludge pen up in the NE of the Barrens, but it was guarded by a level 19 goblin who had a mechanical sheep and a mini shredder attack me and obliterated my succubus as if it won at Ro Shambo. Just for reference, I want to know where I go for the second part Samophlange.

Samophlange was just an example of an unfinished quest. I want this to be the unfinished quest thread. Whether you're in beta or are sad because stress test ended, post your unfinished quest here and hopefully someone might answer.
maxatrillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 11:19 PM   #2
Sam
Azzor Guru

I did most of the early barrens quests. Samophlange all took place at the same location from where you shut off the first controls. You've just gotta look around the contraption for the different levers/nobs/valves etc.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 11:23 PM   #3
maxatrillion
Azzor Senior Member

Just for reference, how far were the controls for the second part of Samophlange from the first levers you had to pull in the first part? I could've completing the Wailing Caverns by myself at level 20 before I could find that lever(s).
Old 09-17-2004, 12:04 AM   #4
calabus
Azzor Enthusiast

I'd like to note that the Voidwalker is the pet I generally used for soloing. Why? Because it is a TANK. You don't need it to kill the mob, just to delay it long enough so you can do enough damage to kill it. When I xpd in Thousand Needles, killing the level 26-29 mobs, I found the Voidwalker to be the best choice.
calabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 12:08 AM   #5
maxatrillion
Azzor Senior Member

Here's the M.T. rundown of the current warlock pets.

Imp: great for low-level questing at first, then ends up improving your stats.
Voidwalker: as mentioned, a tank.
Succubus: other than your personal bitch, it's the damage pet if you know how to use it or know what it's A.I. can do.
Felsteed: The mount

Future pets:

Felhound: If it is mana burn, use it for spell casters.
Infernal: Hey Bob what's that? Nothing, just our death.

Keep the unfinished quests coming, and I still don't know where to find the levers for part 2 of Samophlange.
Old 09-17-2004, 03:25 PM   #6
Whitecrow
Azzor Junior Member

Ok, on the levers. Personally I havent finished that quest myself... cause I was impateous and did not want to kill through hordes of low level mobs... which proved my downfall over and over and over again. Ok, the levers... read the guide manual. Actually I liked this quest because you had to use more IQ power than just click on a guy and attack him or (say the Bitter Rivals quest in Dun Morogh) talk to a guy with and he will tell you exactly what to do to get him away from the barrel he is guarding and replace it. Anyways, Samophlange, the levers, they are small and tiny and are all around the smoke stack. One was at the big oil talk to the west of the smoke stack, another on the smoke stack to the east at the very buttom, and the other one was on this pipe leading to the smoke stack. Once you turned them all off by clicking on them I think you have to go get a key or something from a semi-strong level guy to open this control thing and grab the Samophlauge. Anyways, there you have it.
Whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 05:05 PM   #7
maxatrillion
Azzor Senior Member

Ok, the smoke stack thing might help.

There's one quest explained, what other unfinished quests do you people might have?
Old 09-19-2004, 11:01 PM   #8
maxatrillion
Azzor Senior Member

I got another unfinished quest from the barrens.

That orc chick from the Crossroads wanted me to collect 3 raptor feathers and place them at the raptors nest. I got the feathers, went to their nest that's close to ratchet, and I did not know where to put them. So help me here, do I place them on the raptors or do I go to another nest?