Azzor.com  

Go Back   Azzor.com > Azzor.com Community > World of Warcraft

Old 05-06-2004, 11:53 PM   #1
Xplicist
Azzor Member

Send a message via AIM to Xplicist
Default Diff of Open beta and Closed beta?

Whats the diff? sorry if this is already asked or i should put it somewhere else, mods plz don kill me! but i really want to know.

Edit: OMG sorry i didnt realize i was in guild forums sorry, please move this where it should be
Xplicist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 12:20 AM   #2
CrudKing
Azzor Member

Send a message via AIM to CrudKing

WoW is currently in closed beta, meaning that only people who applied for and were accepted can be in it. Closed betas are closed to everyone except those lucky enough to have been accepted. Open betas, however, can be downloaded and played by anyone who wants to. So when an MMORPG is in open beta, all you have to do is download the client and register.

So, in short:

Closed: Have to apply and get accepted, not everyone gets to play in closed. The purpose of a closed beta is to polish the game, add new content, fix bugs etc.

Open: Anyone can play, just download and register to play, you don't need to be accepted. The purpose of the open beta phase, also known as the "stress test" phase, is to test server capacity and make sure the server can handle large amounts of players at once.

CrudKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 12:28 AM   #3
Romulus
Azzor Senior Member

One big diff is that alot of morons will be in the Open, and alot of noobs. (This isnt to say there arnt a bunch of noobs in closed beta). Thats pretty much it. Well the game will be more complete then it was during closed. Meaning less problems to worry about.
Romulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 12:35 AM   #4
kingbubbles
Azzor Guru

there will be even more idiots playing wow when it is released..should get used to it
kingbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 02:11 AM   #5
ZX7_BL
Azzor Enthusiast

The maturity level has dropped drastically since alpha, I fear "Open" beta =/ Theres enough ninjas as it is....Bring on the PvP servers already

ZX
ZX7_BL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 05:21 AM   #6
Pissed-Italian
Azzor Senior Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Pissed-Italian

this game is going to cost around 200$ the first year, do you think anyone can afford to be a newb? if you have it, youre gonna play it alot to get your moneys worth. And please remember youre all newbs to, the freakin game hasnt come out yet.
Pissed-Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 07:32 AM   #7
Storm
Azzor Grandmaster

Send a message via MSN to Storm

Quote:
Originally posted by Pissed-Italian
this game is going to cost around 200$ the first year, do you think anyone can afford to be a newb? if you have it, youre gonna play it alot to get your moneys worth. And please remember youre all newbs to, the freakin game hasnt come out yet.
the term "newb" here implies a very immature person, an idiot, or someone who never does things right, not a new person.
Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 06:39 PM   #8
Xplicist
Azzor Member

Send a message via AIM to Xplicist

Thanks everyone thanks..cmon open beta!
Xplicist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 07:08 PM   #9
ZX7_BL
Azzor Enthusiast

Pissed-Italian:

Quote:

We're not all newbs, Only the ones who haven't played it :P

ZX
ZX7_BL is offline   Reply With Quote