Azzor.com  

Go Back   Azzor.com > Azzor.com Community > World of Warcraft

Old 05-27-2004, 01:07 AM   #1
Stormtalon
Azzor Enthusiast

Default Am I the only one completely disgusted with NE looks in WoW?

I mean, seriously, what happened to them? I remember playing RoC and thinking how fucking cool they were. They were wise, they were incredible fighters, they respected nature, they were good looking.... now what? We have guado instead of elves. And what the hell is up with their Island? Its covered in PINK haze. What.the.hell. Sure, they have a purplish tint to them, but NOT PINK. That thing is pure pink, and you know, It's not so much the color as what it blocks. You can barely see into the distance and it sucks, because thats what I love about screenshots from other races.

So back to how bad they look, lets take a look at NE as they were introduced to us, in all their glory:
http://www.blizzard.com/war3/wallpap...lpaper23.shtml

How perfect is that? Look at the feeling it gives... Her eyes are mesmerizing, they're stary and silver, and more than glowing. More importantly, she's not pink, she's the color of the night. Purple, blue, and she gives off this silver glow. Then just to add to it, she has fangs. IMO, that is as good as a nightelf could possibly be, perfect.

Now look at what they've done to them in WoW:
.... OK, I cant find the screen shot. It was the NE in a CG cutscene, and just to give you an idea, she was bright pink, her face was plain, her fingers looked like bones, and her eyes were simply all white with a faint glow, if you could call it that. They basically butchered it.

But thats really not it, I cant stand the in game models either. They eyes glow, thats good, the skin has different ranges, thats good, but they're all lanky and feckin goofy lookin, and like I said, something makes them look more like guado than nighteleves. Why couldnt they have just modeled it after this?
http://www.blizzard.com/war3/wallpap...lpaper19.shtml
That would be great, IMO.

Am I the only one, is it just me?
Stormtalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 01:41 AM   #2
imported_Nightblade
Azzor Member

I like the way they look. This is the darkest skin possible, and I would like them a tad darker, but I am not 'completely disgusted' at all.
imported_Nightblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 01:46 AM   #3
Stormtalon
Azzor Enthusiast

Jesus.... thats the darkest? How terrible. That picture isnt the worst, I still think it could be immensely better.

Oh, and I was wondering. Have they done Ashenvale forest yet? THat may raise my hopes a bit. Right now, the closest to what kind of envirionment I want to be in is in the southern part of Azeroth in Elwynn forest and those kinds of places. If there arent any screenshots up of Ashenvale, I would feel much more hopeful.
Stormtalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 03:25 AM   #4
imported_Nightblade
Azzor Member

Ashenvale is in the game and it looks very nice. I rarely go there, because I crash all the time once I enter it. Some people seem to be getting mass crashes in different areas. For me, that's Ashenvale. There should be screenshots of it somewhere.
imported_Nightblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 04:16 AM   #5
gizzard
Azzor Junior Member

Am I the only one completely disgusted with NE looks in WoW?

YES, yes you are )
gizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 06:43 AM   #6
zynth\muse
Azzor Master

Send a message via ICQ to zynth\muse Send a message via MSN to zynth\muse Send a message via Yahoo to zynth\muse

Well, I dont have a problem with them at all . Afterall, look at the gnomes.
zynth\muse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 07:38 AM   #7
Storm
Azzor Grandmaster

Send a message via MSN to Storm

well i would go for the more dryad-ish look, but I must admit, the night elves dont look their best in this game. The males could definitely look better, although the females are not bad in their respect. Look at one of the males, their arms are way too large, and their hands are gigantic, their quads are fatter than their chest, and then they have thin legs... i would like a male night elf to be more druid looking, not like Flubber on crack.
Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 10:48 AM   #8
Mr.Quebec
Azzor Guru

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Quebec Send a message via MSN to Mr.Quebec

i really like how they look especially the zynth and storm druid avatar ....who cares if they are not deep purple some ne are pinky and all....its the same thing for orc....some are fluo-green and some are deep green....difference makes the game
Mr.Quebec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 11:53 AM   #9
Moon
Azzor Member

I think the NE look great, if you want grey skin go undead
Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 11:59 AM   #10
GlowingEyes
Azzor Guru

Send a message via AIM to GlowingEyes

Hey!!!! The gnomes look awesome . I hate the NE but I will admit they still look good.
GlowingEyes is offline   Reply With Quote