Azzor.com  

Go Back   Azzor.com > Azzor.com Community > World of Warcraft

Old 06-15-2005, 06:50 PM   #1
Dalgar
Azzor Master

Send a message via AIM to Dalgar Send a message via MSN to Dalgar Send a message via Yahoo to Dalgar
Default WoW China article discussion

Azzor has visited China! Read all about World of Warcraft in China in our exclusive article.

This thread is for discussion related to the article and topic of WoW China.
Dalgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 02:48 PM   #2
Metziel
Network Admin

Send a message via AIM to Metziel Send a message via MSN to Metziel Send a message via Yahoo to Metziel
Default Re: WoW China article discussion

My main confusion was over their selling system. Why have 600 "scores" as opposed to simply like 60 hours of play time? It seems like a backwards way to do it all to me.

I also find it ironic that the Chinese don't like gold farming Not that I'm biased, just statistically most people that are farming gold for selling are Chinese. I wonder if this will drop the amount of farmers on the US/EU servers?

I look forward to hearing if WoW unthrones Legend2 from China.
Metziel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 04:01 AM   #3
Formless
Azzor Grandmaster

Send a message via MSN to Formless

Also. Why the HELL is the box free? Cost about £30/$50 Here in the UK. Unbeliveable...
Formless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 11:27 AM   #4
Wiggy
Azzor Member

This isn't an entirely informed opinion but...

Blizzard isn't the one releasing the game, so it's not Blizzard's price scheme. A Chinese company is simply porting Blizzard's code with very few changes. Also note that China isn't like the west, it's not a capitalist society, so the pricing on everything will be a little different. Also note that China is big on piracy, as they do not comply with US Copyright, so most software is either pirated, or has to be available for cheap to get people to pay for it. I also gather that ALL MMORPGs in China use a "point per hour" system of play, so you're essentially purchasing time to spend on the server, and that's it.

If you're complaining about the price scheme that we pay for, perhaps you should see what exactly the economic situation surrounding MMORPGs in China. I don't think $50 for a game (which is the going price for almost ANY computer game) is that much to get in a tiff about, comparing our online gaming with China's seems to be apples to oranges.
Wiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 03:34 AM   #5
Ciel
Azzor Guru

Send a message via AIM to Ciel

Interesting. That's amazing that someone leveled to level 60 in 4 days from 45...WoW!
Ciel is offline   Reply With Quote